Microscopy course: improve your imaging skills – from sample preparation to image analysis
The LCI core facility at Karolinska Institutet has the pleasure to invite you to follow the microscopy course called Microscopy: improve your imaging skills – from sample preparation to image analysis.
The course starts next Monday (29 Jan) and runs until the 16th of February.
As usual, all the course lectures are broadcasted live on Zoom. It is free of charge and you do not need to register.
The aim for this course is to improve the microscopy skills of students and researchers who have already used a microscope to acquire digital images of fluorescent samples but feel that more knowledge could help them.
Here is a selection of what we will talk about:
- Optics and image formation,
- Anatomy of a microscope
- Objectives and refraction index
- Cameras and detectors, Noise and background, Bit depth and saturation
- Sample preparation, Immunostaining, Clearing and expansion
- Resolution and contrast, Nyquist sampling, Microscope settings
- Data handling, OMERO.figure, Requirements for image analysis, Colocalization
- Image processing and analysis
More information: https://ki.se/en/bionut/lci-microscopy-course