Application Specialist in Advanced Light Microscopy Technologies
Organization: EMBL Imaging Centre
- PhD in the life sciences, physics, engineering or related disciplines.
- Profound experience in advanced light microscopy techniques, image analysis and sample preparation and their application to biological questions.
- Experience in support of microscopy applications and development of new applications related to advanced light microscopy.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Fluency in English.
You might also have
- Experience in user support in microscopy facilities.
Why join us
What else you need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with more than 1600 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
Our mission is to offer vital services in training scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
The working language of the institute is English.
In your online application, you will be asked to include a cover letter, CV and the contact details of 3 referees.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Stephanie Alexander (email@example.com), project manager of the EMBL IC.
Interviews are planned for end of November – beginning of December 2019.
The initial contract is for a period of three years with the possibility of a fixed-term extension.