Organization: Minos Biosciences
Spin-off from ESPCI (École Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielle de la ville de Paris), Minos Biosciences is developing a unique multi-modal single-cell analysis system for fundamental, applied and clinical research and diagnostic. Minos Biosciences system combines state-of-the-art microfluidics, molecular biology, image analysis and bioinformatics.
We are seeking a talented / experienced image analyst to get involved in different image processing tasks on fluorescence-based microscopy large datasets:
- Develop cell image analysis modules for robust and efficient phenotypic features extraction. These modules will be integrated to Minos’ data analysis solution and should lead to innovative biological interpretation.
- Provide feedback on cell images produced by cellular biologists (cell marking/labelling, microscopy resolution, cell spread on chip, etc.) either from Minos team or collaborators. Some of these studies will lead to the creation of home-made tools accessible to cellular biologists to run rough analyses autonomously.
- Get involved in the technical choices made for the infrastructure hosting the data analysis solution, especially regarding image processing resources requirements.
Since the candidate will be the first expert in image processing hired by Minos, he/she would be brought to manage similar recruits and get involved in middle-long term structural decisions leading to Minos’ system commercialisation.
- MS/PhD related to the field of image processing computing
- A few years of experience in cellular biology images processing
- Unix environment
- Python and/or C++ coding
- Machine learning libraries experience (e.g OpenCV)
- GPUs experience and knowledge
- Version control software (e.g Git)
- Continuous integration framework
- Deep learning framework
- Experience with AWS or Google Clouds
VALUES AND BEHAVIOUR
With currently ~10 employees, as a startup, Minos Biosciences team is continuously growing and we would like to hire someone flexible, team player and able to interact efficiently with multidisciplinary teams (biologists, external service provider, developers, etc.). Moreover, the candidate will have an intense sense of innovation.
The successful candidate will insert into the global modular and reproducible established framework (usage of git, GitHub, Nexflow, nf-core and Singularity).
Starting date: early 2022
Compensation: salary according to professional experience + stock-options
Location: currently based in Paris, Minos Biosciences will shortly move to new facilities in Paris or Ile-de-France.