Bioimage Analyst Position in Montpellier
Organization: Montpellier Ressources Imagerie
Bioimage Analyst Position
The imaging core facility Montpellier Ressources Imagerie (MRI) offers equipment (84 instruments) and expertise (32 people) in the fields of light microscopy, flow cytometry, X-ray tomography and high-throughput imaging. It is used by approximately 850 users every year. MRI is part of the Biocampus Montpellier Unit (UAR 3426 CNRS, US 9 INSERM) and a member of the France BioImaging infrastructure.
The facility is seeking to hire a contract engineer to expand its image analysis service. The selected engineer will join a small team of analysts, working in close cooperation with the facility’s biologists and microscopists.
The main mission of the engineer is to participate in the project-based creation of automated image analysis tools. He will also guide and advise facility users in matters of image analysis, and promote the use of best practices in biological image analysis.
- Design and implement tools for automated image analysis and processing using ImageJ/Fiji, java, python and other platforms.
- Set-up advanced workflows, including: image segmentation, quantification of intracellular protein distribution, pattern recognition, tracking of dynamic particles
- Train and integrate deep-learning methods into image analysis workflows
- Work with scientists to write and implement algorithms for solving image processing problems from multidimensional fluorescence microscopy datasets.
- Train scientists in the use of developed tools and make tutorials
- Participate in project meetings
- Maintain, list and promote already existing tools
- Communicate about developed tools at scientific conferences or in scientific journals
Expected Knowledge and skills
- A solid training in programming and software engineering.
- Knowledge of biological image analysis methods and tools.
- While no formal biology training is needed, a strong interest in biology would facilitate the interaction with biologist users.
- Ability to work in a team and have an interest in multidisciplinary approaches
- French and English communication skills.
Required degree: Master degree in computer science, (bio) physics, applied mathematics, bio-image analysis or a related field
Recruitment from 1.09.2021, Type of contract: Fixed-term contract – 12 months (renewable)
Please apply at https://bit.ly/2RU5gKE