BioImage Analyst Position (M/F)
Organization: Institut Curie (Paris, France)
The hosting structure
The Curie Institute Research Center
The “Institut Curie” is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
Our team composed of biologists and physicists aim to understand the mechanisms of tissue dynamics during development (https://institut-curie.org/team/bellaiche). Using advanced imaging methods, we are studying the interplay between the biological regulations and the physical constraints that drive cell dynamics during epithelial tissue morphogenesis. We have generated large-image microscopy datasets. The applicant will use and develop image analysis-based methods to characterize tissue dynamics.
- Use and design software for quantitative image analysis and treatment: Intracellular protein distribution analysis, shape recognition, tracking, segmentation, etc
- Collaborate with researchers on new algorithms to solve image-processing problems for microscopy data.
- Collaborate with biologists and physicists for image analysis and modeling in biology
- Manage team pipeline and image repertories.Candidate ProfileTraining and experience required
- University degree (Master degree or a PhD) or engineer school in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent qualification, specialized in image treatment and analysis
- Experience applying and/or developing image analysis tools using ImageJ or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of segmentation, tracking and shape recognition algorithms as well as Deep Learning and Python are mandatory.Skills required
- Ability to work in a team and a strong interest in multidisciplinary approaches of life science
- Ability to manage several projects with a high degree of autonomy is necessary
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months initially
Working time: Full time
Remuneration: According to the current grids
Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance Location of the position: Paris
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to yohanns.bellaiche (at) curie.fr. Publication date: October 3th, 2022
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.