Cell Biology for Screening Projects Expert
Under the responsibility of a group leader in the “High Throughput Biology and Screening department, you will be part of a team responsible for development and realization of screening assays.
- Contribute to screening projects, from assay development to screening campaign: define, execute and/or coordinate experimental processes and data analysis.
- Optimize and miniaturize screening assays.
- Plan and control the realization of screening campaigns in close collaboration with the group leaders.
- Analyze and exploit experimental results in their biological context in collaboration with screening, bio-informatics and biostatistics teams.
- Ensure compliance to the specifications agreed with the customer.
- Contribute to the elaboration and the execution of new methodologies and strategies applied to high throughput screening, in particular for image-based assays.
Communication and information
- Monitor scientific and technical development in the domain of activity.
- Prepare study reports and communicate scientific results to customers.
- Ensure quality and reliability of scientific results.
- Ensure good laboratory practices and health and safety instructions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and execute screening studies according to the specifications agreed with the customer.
- You are responsible for biological result analysis and interpretation.
- You are responsible for the quality and reliability of scientific results.
Knowledge and abilities
- Deep understanding of biochemistry and cellular biology
- Strong expertise in cell culture, biochemistry (enzymology, ELISA, HTRF, immuno-labelling), molecular biology (qPCR, Western blot, cell engineering)
- Excellent background and strong expertize in microscopy/high content imaging
- Experience in screening projects & automation
- Experience in planning and monitoring scientific projects
- Experimental data interpretation, and analysis of large sets of data.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Meet good laboratory practices and health and safety instructions.
- Transversal team spirit, rigor, dynamism and autonomy.
- Good written and spoken communication in French : basic level is absolutely MANDATORY
- Good written and spoken communication in English.
Training and experience
- PhD in cell biology.
- 0-3 years postdoc experience in academia or industry in cellular biology and microscopy.
To apply, click here: https://recruitment.evotec.com/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=&VacancyID=455
The start date mentioned here is indicative.