EMBRC-ERIC Financial & Administrative Assistant
The EMBRC-ERIC Financial & Administrative Assistant provides expert financial & administrative services for the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat and the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director.
Full Time, permanent contract of employment.
EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat Location EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, Sorbonne Université, Paris 5.
Fluency in English; knowledge of French will be desirable.
Brief Description of EMBRC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC-ERIC will support both fundamental and applied research, based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. EMBRC-ERIC is centrally managed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Sorbonne Université, Campus of Jussieu.
For further information, see:
Reception and maintenance of EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters
- Welcome and inform the staff and users of the structure;
- Keep the premises (offices and small reception area) supplied and operating;
- Ensure the proper functioning of HQ devices (printer, communication tools, etc.);
- Process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Support the organization of EMBRC-ERIC or working groups meetings.
Secretariat Staff Support
- Support the mission planning and expense refund of the Secretariat Staff;
- Support the Executive Director & CFAO and assist with their agendas, their travels and theirs meetings;
- Support the organization of EMBRC-ERIC events at the Headquarters and outside;
- Maintain the centralised file storage (Dropbox) and archiving;
- Maintenance and management of all software packages for the EMBRC-HQ team.
Finance & Administration
- Process financial & administrative information and files, verify their compliance, proceed with the meticulous archiving of files and systematically inform the CFAO about the status of files;
- Follow the accounting of expenses, including requests for payments and invoices, service-made notification, issuance of payments to suppliers;
- Provide information for reporting purposes, in connection with EMBRC-ERIC Chief Financial & Administration Officer, and Accountant.
- Proven excellent organisational skills;
- Expert application of secretarial techniques;
- Expert use of MS Office;
- Able to deal effectively with multiple tasks and changing tasks and schedules;
- Excellent comprehension and written and oral expression in English (essential) and in French (desirable);
- Accustomed to a multi-cultural environment, and to working with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
- Method, rigor, efficiency, quality and precision in the organization of work.
Desired Skills and Competences
- Minimum three years in a similar role;
- Experience of administrative software in either public or private organisations;
- Experience of event management;
- Experience of international contexts;
- Paralegal Skills are advantageous.
Special Personal Attributes required for the Position
- Responsive, flexible, perseverant and at ease in interpersonal relations;
- Loyal and reliable personality;
- Candidate must have interest in being part of a team and collaboratively working to build the EMBRC-ERIC;
- Availability to occasionally work beyond normal hours and travel.
Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience. A benefit package will be offered, including health insurance, public transportation subsidy and meal vouchers.
Permanent contract of employment with 1-month probation and possibility of renewal;
Overtime may be required to meet activity deadlines;
EMBRC-ERIC is an equal-opportunity employer, actively supporting the development of their staff.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document, in English, containing a copy of your CV and the name of two references, with a short cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute. Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: “EMBRC Financial & Administrative Assistant”; addressed to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Applications will be accepted until the 18th of March 2021. The position will start as soon as possible.