Engineer Data curation and Database management | Centre Turing for Living Systems (CENTURI)
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated data curator and database manager on image data, transcriptomics and genomics data within CENTURI’s multi-engineering platform. This position will be a central point for data sharing, code sharing and automated data analysis for our research community.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
- Provide advice and support to researchers with data curation and data base management (data annotation, data maintenance, publication and visualization, model organisms international guidelines, etc.)
- Assist in transfer of knowledge between the teams of the CENTURI project and automate data analysis workflows
- Have a strong interest in Open Science (Open access, Open educational resources, Open source development, Open data and data sharing methods)
- Organize and conduct taggathons and hackathons on data generated by the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs, researchers
- Create and assure the maintenance of an infrastructure for data sharing within the CENTURI project (e.g. using OMERO for image data,..)
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the infrastructure of software sharing and code transfer within the CENTURI project
Data curation and management will be at the core of the project. The successful candidate will be part of CENTURI multi-engineering platform. Your expertise will help shape the data sharing and analysis platform and you will be able to learn from, as well as share your knowledge within the CENTURI community.
Your qualifications / expected profile
You have a Master’s degree (at least) or a PhD (preferred) in Database management or Digital curation, with a strong interest and experience in database management and establishing workflows of data analysis on curated data.
You have a strong experience (at least 5 years with a Master’s degree, at least three years with a PhD) in an industrial or research environment for data management and digital curation (including server implementation), as well as in organizing events such as taggathons or hackathon for mutualizing data in large organizations. Experience in a service facility is strongly advantageous.
You will have strong team-playing abilities and be able to interact with researchers from many fields, including biology, physics, mathematics, and computer science. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently. Teaching experience would be a plus.
The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines.
CENTURI offers a two-year contract from Aix-Marseille University (renewable). The salary will be based on Aix-Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
If you are interested, please apply online by September 6 at the following address: http://centuri-livingsystems.org/recruitment/
Applications should include:
- A CV (including a list of publications)
- A cover letter (describing past experience with data analysis)
- Two recommendation letters