Engineer position in Image Analysis at the Institut Pasteur / LabEX REVIVE
Organization: Institut Pasteur
The Institut Pasteur and members of the LabEX REVIVE (http://www.revive.fr/en) are looking to recruit a motivated candidate to join the light imaging facility of the Institut Pasteur (the Imagopole, https://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/imagopole/) and support researchers of the LabEX REVIVE with image analysis and processing techniques.
The LabEX REVIVE is a consortium of research units focusing on fundamental biology of stem cells and their clinical applications. Many of the consortium activities rely on cutting edge imaging techniques. To foster, enrich and accelerate its research, the consortium seeks the help of an engineer specialized in Image Analysis for Life Sciences. The position is for a *Pasteur facility engineer*, 3-years fixed term until end of December 2019. It involves Service and Development activities. Importantly, a strong feature of the consortium activities involve the generation of very large images. The candidate is expected to help researchers with the challenges of large images manipulation, analysis and processing.
The Institut Pasteur is the home of the Icy software (http://icy.bioimageanalysis.org/) and some important Fiji projects (http://imagej.net/TrackMate, http://imagej.net/MaMuT, …). It offers a stimulating scientific environment and excellent working conditions. This position prompts for exciting developments in the field of software tools for Life Sciences.
- Support researchers with their request in image analysis. Establish analysis pipelines, train researchers to use them, execute sensitive parts.
- Design / implement software tools for quantitative image analysis and treatment. These will cover various fields such as fluorescence quantification, tracking, segmentation, and importantly large images manipulation and analysis.
- Advise and train researchers on imaging analysis techniques.
- University degree (Master degree or, ideally, a PhD) or engineer school in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent qualification, specialized in image treatment and analysis.
- Proven experience applying and/or developing image analysis tools using Fiji/ImageJ, Icy, MATLAB, or directly in Java or Python.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python or equivalent.
- Experience in advanced light microscopy is welcome but not required.
- Knowledge in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology is an asset.
- Ability to manage projects autonomously: plan, schedule, report and deliver.
- Pedagogy: train and support users with a set of technical skills orthogonal to theirs.
- Ability to work within in very multidisciplinary environment: biology / microscopy / image analysis.
- Communicate in English (oral, written).
The formal application should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com . Suitable candidates are requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and email address, plus any document that might help with recruitment.