Lab manager position
CryoCapCell is a biotech start-up that conceives and develops innovative tools to prepare biological specimen for correlative light and electron microscopy analysis.
Based at the Kremlin-Bicêtre hospital, near Paris (metroline 7, Le Kremlin-Bicêtre) in recently refurbished lab and office spaces, we interact with scientists and medical doctors in a very dynamic environment to address scientific and medical questions.
We offer a friendly and very dynamic environment and are supportive to continuous education and external training.
Our company grows and expands its activity. We are looking for a motivated scientist to conduct R&D bench experiments around live-cell correlative High-Pressure Freezing (HPM Live µ) and the subsequent embedding step by freeze-substitution (developments on our exclusive R221 electron conductive resin), electron microscopy and image registration.
At first, you will get familiar with our technologies and research projects. Then you will progressively develop services to external scientists, from project identification to results delivery in direct contact with the customers.
To conduct the mission, we own a broad range of equipment, from live cell imaging to electron microscopy and have access to state-of-the-art facilities in Paris, or through international collaborations.
The Staff scientist / project manager will have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified in a biological science from B.Sc. up to Ph.D. involving a significant microscopy component or equivalent practical experience (minimum 3 years) is essential
- Experience in cell culture (basics)
- Experience in optical and electron microscopy : sample preparation, analysis and interpretation of results (advanced supervision will be proposed)
- Interest in using and developing correlative imaging workflows
- A good understanding of a diverse range of applications for electron microscopy
- A desire to handle external project with a certain degree of freedom (adapted to the scientist level and wish) in contact with scientists.
- Working knowledge of other microscopy techniques such as confocal, fluorescence, AFM, Raman spectroscopy or others will be regarded as advantageous
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to clearly articulate complex, technical issues. (essential)
- Organized, with solid administrative/reporting skills and proficient informatics skills including MS Office
- French is not a prerequisite if English is mastered
- Interest in supporting the development of training materials, technical documentation and sales collateral (optional)
- Interest in attending (physical and virtual) international conferences to maintain your expertise at international standard
Key responsibilities for the staff scientist / project manager
- Your primary responsibility will be as staff scientist / project manager to run CLEM experiments according to each project, including:
- sample culture
- live imaging
- sample vitrification / sample fixation
- electron microscopy preparation
- in-resin fluorescence imaging
- electron microscopy (SEM/TEM/STEM) imaging
- multimodal image registration
- formal experimental reporting
- Test and establish appropriate protocols for the newly developed technologies
- Welcome visiting scientists/customers and conduct their experiments
- Keep track of all projects and report to customers on progresses
- Organize daily access to equipment and report defect to anticipate maintenance
- Work with the business manager to identify potential customers and propose adapted business strategy
- Work with the business manager to identify technological development opportunities
- Participate in remote demonstrations of our technologies
Benefits for the lab manager
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer structured career development opportunities and a good work-life balance. As an example, we encourage remote working when appropriate. Finally, CryoCapCell offers 25 days annual leave, covers 50% of health insurance and 50% of public transport travel card.