Microscopy Specialist in the Intracellular Self-Organization Group
Organization: Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
Advanced microscopy imaging plays a central role in our research and the successful candidate will be a key lab member being involved in several projects. He or she will be responsible for developing light microscopy methods (e.g. STORM, iSCAT, optical trapping) and develop image and data analysis tools in the framework of an ERC Synergy project. The selected candidate will work together with biochemists and biophysicists, contributing specialized microscopy expertise and training. The research will address fundamental questions about the spatio-temporal organization of the cytoskeleton in cells and reconstituted systems, with a special emphasis on understanding spindle assembly and function.
About the Team
The Intracellular Self-Organization Group is interested in elucidating the design principles of self-organizing intracellular structures. The focus is on understanding the function of the cytoskeleton. The group is led by
Thomas Surrey, an expert of microtubule cytoskeleton biochemistry and biophysics. Quantitative microscopy imaging combined with quantitative image and data analysis are important methods in the lab.
See also: https://www.crg.eu/en/programmes-groups/surrey-lab
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a PhD degree in Physics
- You have several years experience in light microscopy development or experimentation
- You have an excellent understanding of optics, microscopy, image analysis, and statistics
- You are able to work independently and also enjoy working in a team
- You have excellent organisational skills
- Contract duration: 6 years with possibility to extend
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: July 2021
- We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Thomas Surrey
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Thomas Surrey and be submitted online on the CRG Career site: http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by 24th April 2021.