Open Position (CDD) – Engineer Imaging Core Facility
Organization: Institut Pasteur
PBI is a Unit of Technology and Service (UTechS) providing optical imaging expertise in life sciences and especially their application in studies on infectious biology.
Our activities include service rendering, training, technology-driven research and technology development. They are highly multi-disciplined, and collaborative, with the mission goal focused on the use of quantitative imaging and analysis to understand the processes of cell/tissue-biology, and their usurpation by infection and disease. The R&D is founded upon the need to develop optical imaging methods that bring new understanding of host-pathogen interactions and in situ high-content imaging techniques and their application to infection, cell biology, cellular microbiology, and microbiology. We work on novel techniques extrapolating quantitative information on spatiotemporal dynamics in situ and we push the limits of existing approaches aiming to enhance their performance thereby broadening their experimental utility.
Recruited Engineer will:
- Train and assist users in French and English
- Pilot optical systems for non-autonomous users.
- Welcome and analyse new projects : understanding of the biological question, counselling on the choice of instruments and experimental set-ups in particular for live sample imaging.
- Participation in day to day core facility live (system maintenance, metrology, interaction with suppliers, ….).
- Possible participation in the unit R&D pipelines.
Suitable for qualified debutant wishing to acquire professional experience in a technological platform
Technical skills :
- Strong knowledge of microscopy techniques on live and fixed samples (widefield, confocal, spinning disk confocal…).
- Knowledge in image analysis.
- Knowledge of risk assessment of biological sample handling.
- A previous practical experience in a biological laboratory is a plus.
- English (at least B2, operational)
Soft skills : Communication, Team spirit, Patience, Pedagogy, Availability, Listening
Work type : Full time
Contract : Fixed term contract (4 months)
Contact : CV and letter to Nathalie Aulner (email@example.com)