Operations Manager – EMBL Imaging Centre
Organization: EMBL Imaging Centre
- PhD in the life sciences or equivalent.
- Strong background in application and/or development of biological imaging technology in life science research.
- Experience in scientific project management in a competitive research environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on an international and interdisciplinary. level, including public and private funders as well as industry partners.
- Excellent organisational, management, multi-tasking and communication skills.
You might also have
- Experience in user access support in microscopy facilities.
- Experience in funding acquisition and reporting duties.
- Experience in procurement and financial reporting.
Why join us
What else you need to know
Our mission is to offer vital services in training scientists, students and visitors at all levels; to develop new instruments and methods in the life sciences and actively engage in technology transfer activities, and to integrate European life science research.
The working language of the institute is English.
In your online application, you will be asked to include a cover letter, CV and the contact details of 3 referees.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Stephanie Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org), project manager of the EMBL IC.
Interviews are planned for 21st November.
The initial contract is for a period of three years with the possibility of a fixed-term extension.