Research engineer in Bioimage Analysis. Institut Pasteur, Image Analysis Hub.
Organization: Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
The Image Analysis Hub of the Institut Pasteur (https://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/image-analysis-hub/) is an open access, equal access core facility committed to offering support in image analysis for the Institut Pasteur campus. The IAH is looking to recruit a research engineer in biological image analysis. The missions of the engineer will consist in supporting the Pasteur campus researchers by offering services and assistance in image analysis, contributing and collaborating to their project. This involves:
- Offering walk-in support and trainings for questions involving image analysis.
- Building and deploying custom analysis tools for projects requiring special developments.
- Maintaining an infrastructure for autonomous image analysis. Dealing with complex tool deployments.
- Developing original and innovative software tools for image analysis, whose scope exceed user projects.
In this position you will work within the facility and collaborate with users of the campus and beyond, helping them on their project with bioimage analysis. The projects range from the development of a custom analysis pipeline, of a special analysis tool, to a full collaboration where you will perform the analysis from start to end and deliver scientific results. You will also teach and advise users. And you will take part in the development of image analysis tools such as clEsperanto, Icy, TrackMate, Mastodon or your own.
The suitable candidate:
- holds an engineering or master degree in (bio)informatics, (bio)physics, applied mathematics or any other related domain, followed by at least 3 years of professional experience in bioimage analysis in research or support to research activity,
- or holds a PhD in bioinformatics, (bio)physics, applied mathematics or any other related domain.
- Applied mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis.
- Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (g.Icy, Fiji, Python, MATLAB).
- Programming skills (Python, Java, C/C++).
- An experience with biology and imaging is a plus.
- The will and taste to collaborate with others on their projects.
- Team player with good communication skills.
The working language in the IAH is English.
Pasteur Research Engineer position, full time, on-site, permanent, attached to the Image Analysis Hub of the Institut Pasteur.
Please send a CV, a cover letter with references, and a link to a public code repository to:
- Jean-Yves TINEVEZ (tinevez at pasteur.fr )
- Hélène REYNIER LEGERON (helene.reynier-legeron at pasteur.fr)
Or apply on Pasteur website:
Deadline to apply: 30th of November. After this date, selected applicants will be invited to present their work and project for the facility during an oral presentation to the recruitment committee. Results will be notified shortly after.