Research engineer in bioimage analysis, Institut Pasteur, Paris
France-BioImaging (FBI, https://france-bioimaging.org/) and the Image Analysis Hub of the Institut Pasteur (IAH, https://research.pasteur.fr/en/team/image-analysis-hub/) are looking for a Research Engineer to support the research projects of the scientific community of FBI and Pasteur. The missions of the engineer will consist in collaborating with researchers by offering expertise and assistance in image analysis.
The engineer will join the French community of analysts (F-BIAS) that federates the bioimage analysts of France, a distributed team of ~10 data engineer of France-BioImaging. Specifically, he/she will be embedded within the IAH, a core facility dedicated to bioimage analysis in the Institut Pasteur and will benefit from all its resources and expertise. He/She will also interact with biologists and collaborate with them on exciting research projects involving cutting edge analysis and imaging.
This is a position with a strong pluri-disciplinary component, involving interactions with image analysts, biologists, and researchers in the field of image processing. The engineer will be contributing to the major image analysis software packages used in Life-Sciences and will develop his/her skills in computing and image analysis and contribute to several imaging-related projects.
The candidate should be motivated by community-oriented work.
The initial contract ends in December 2024 but can be renewed then possibly perpetuated within the Institut Pasteur.
1, Offering walk-in support and trainings for questions involving image analysis.
2. Collaborate with biologists, developing custom analysis pipelines for their projects.
3. Contributing to the development of image analysis software tools supported by FBI such as but not limited to Icy and Fiji.
4. Ensure dissemination of the new tools: training & documentation, making the tools usable by the community.
5. Contribute to and help defining the activities of F-BIAS: hub meetings, technology exchanges, open-desks with users.
• Strong knowledge in Bioimage Analysis.
• Experience with the current Bioimage Analysis tools, open-source and commercial (Icy, Fiji, Napari, Imaris…).
• Some programming skills (Python, Java, or C/C++).
• An experience with biology and imaging is a plus.
• The will and taste to collaborate with others on their projects.
• Ability to train and teach others.
The working language is English.
The engineer will join the French community of analysts (F-BIAS) that federates the bioimage analysts of France, a distributed team of ~10 data engineer of France-BioImaging, working in the imaging and data analysis core facilities members of FBI in France. Its offers to the analyst a professional network focused on bioimage analysis and aims at offering nationwide services in bioimage analysis to the scientific community.
The IAH of the Institut Pasteur is a core facility dedicated to bioimage analysis in the Institut Pasteur Paris. It was founded in 2018 and is today an active part of F-BIAS. It supports the research projects of more than 100 scientists each year; and is a core contributor to several open-source academic software for image analysis; such as Fiji, Icy, TrackMate, Mastodon, CLIJ, Dask-Image…