NEUBIAS: “Network of European BioImage Analysts”Announcement
Dear colleagues from the BioImaging community,
NEUBIAS, the “Network of European BioImage Analysts”, a recently created network funded by the COST framework, is very glad to communicate the start of its activities which will evolve over the next 4 years and that might trigger interest in your research environment.
Mission : strengthening the bridge between life science, computer science and digital image processing by:
- 1) Establishing the role and identity of bioimage analysts in the life science community
2) Sharing bioimage analysis knowledge and techniques
3) Improving image analysis technology, foster innovations and collaborations
NEUBIAS aims to promote the mutual communication between Life Scientists, Instrumentalists, Developers and BioImage Analysts and to establish and promote the role of Bioimage Analysts in Life Science. Gathering, as of June 2016, more than 100 members in 33 European countries, the network will implement:
- A training programme with 3 levels (Early Career, Facility, Analysts), 15 Training Schools for about 400 trainees.
- An events series (yearly NEUBIAS conference, workshops, Taggathons)
- Online Resources: Repository of tools and workflows, Benchmarking and Sample datasets, Training material and Open Textbook.
- A Short Term Scientific Mission mobility programme for Scientists to visit Host Labs and get in depth insights into cutting edge Image Analysis technology.
- Outreach material and other stuff.
More Information on our preliminary web: http://eubias.org/NEUBIAS/
The first Activity is a Training School in BioImage Analysis for Facility Staff, to enable Imaging Core Specialists to become more proficient at custom Image Analysis and Workflows construction (theory and applications, hands-on, scientific programming, ImageJ- and Matlab- based primarily).
The Training School will be held in Barcelona on 13-16th of September 2016, hosted and co-organized by the University Pompeu Fabra (Dr. Chong Zhang), and by the Training Workgroup within NEUBIAS (Dr. Gaby Martins and Dr. Fabrice Cordelières + co-workers)
- Registration is open as of today (selection based).
- Within the COST framework, a few travel grants are available to applicants.
- Registration deadline: 15th of July, 2016.
- Selection and Travel Grants notification: 19th of July, 2016.
More information on our preliminary web: http://eubias.org/NEUBIAS/Training_Schools
On behalf of all NEUBIAS members,
Julien Colombelli, Chair
Kota Miura, Vice-Chair
Sébastian Munck & Arne Seitz, Strategy & Events WG1 Leaders
Gaby Martins & Fabrice Cordelières, Training WG2 Leaders
Jean Salamero & Paula Sampaio, Outreach and Inreach WG3 Leaders
Perrine Paul-Gilloteaux & Chong Zhang, Webtool WG4 Leaders
Sébastien Tosi & Graeme Ball, Benchmarking & Sample Datasets WG5 Leaders
Juergen Reymann and Natasa Sladoje, Open Publications WG6 Leaders
Julia Fernandez-Rodriguez and Clara Prats, Short Term Scientific Missions and Career Path WG7 Leaders