Dear Bioimaging colleagues,
NEUBIAS, the Network of European BioImage Analysts (www.neubias.org), is delighted to announce two new Training Schools on BioImage Analysis:
- for Early Career Investigators (life scientists)
- for Facility staff (imaging & analysis staff from core-facilities)
The focus of training will be on construction and automation of BioImage Analysis workflows, using as examples more than one toolbox and different exercises. The schools will be held in Edinburgh, 16-19th of October 2018, hosted by the MRC Center for Regenerative Medicine/Imaging facility and co-organized by the University of Edinburgh and University of Dundee.
NEUBIAS schools are an excellent opportunity to learn from many experts in Bioimage Analysis (we are expecting >30 specialists at the event) and “….a great mix of intensive learning and community networking” (former trainee testimonial!). The schools will include practical sessions and seminars on ImageJ for analysis and publication, scripting/macros in ImageJ and Matlab, Omero, CellProfiler, QuPath, Ilastik, Ethics in Image Analysis and work on own data.
- Applications are now open (each school has 20 available seats and ~7 trainers)
- Applicants are highly encouraged to bring their own laptops and data.
- Within the COST framework (funders of NEUBIAS), 7 travel grants per school are offered to applicants who qualify.
- Registration requires a “letter of motivation” (filled in application form) and later a confirmation of status.
- Application deadline: May 11th 2018
- Selection notification: 1st week of June 2018.
More information about schools (programme & trainers) and venue, travel & lodge available at our website:
www.neubias.org -> “Training Schools”
We kindly ask that you help us reach all potential interested applicants.
on behalf of all NEUBIAS members, of local organizers (Bertrand Vernay & Graeme Ball) and programme organizers (Anna Klemm, Laura Murphy, Graeme Ball and Sebastien Herbert)
NEUBIAS is an European network of >220 members and 41 countries, which aims to promote the communication between Life Scientists, Instrumentalists, Developers and BioImage Analysts and to establish and promote the role of Bioimage Analysts in Life Science. Our mission includes:
– A training programme for 3 different target audiences:”Early Career” researchers, (core) Facility Staff and Bioimage Analysts (running until 2020 – expected 400 trainees and 15 training schools).
– Promote different yearly events (NEUBIAS Conference, workshops [training schools], Taggathons)
– Online Resources: Repository of tools and workflows e.g. biii.eu, Benchmarking and Sample datasets, Training material and Open Textbook.
– A Short Term Scientific Mission mobility programme for Scientists to visit Host Labs and get in depth insights into cutting edge Image Analysis technology.
– A “ITC conference grants” programme to support travel for Early career Investigators from Inclusiveness Target Countries to present their work at conferences.
– Outreach material.
… more at www.neubias.org